Summer is here! Everyone is excited to start heading to the beach, going on boats, and inviting themselves to BBQs. But, how long until that excitement wears off and summer boredom sets in? Well, fear not! Keep boredom at bay with these alternative sports and activities perfect for spicing up your summer.
1. Zorbing – If you’ve ever dreamed of being wrapped up in something resembling bubble wrap and rolling down a giant hill – boy, have we got a surprise for you. All you need is to do is get your hands on a Zorb ball. If a few friends do the same, you can have yourself a Zorb race. Or, you could always Zorb Indiana Jones style.
2. Sepak Takraw – If the thought of either volleyball or soccer makes you think “been there, done that.” Have you ever thought of combining the two? Well, the good people of Asia certainly have. The sport is similar to the rules of volleyball, but the players are not allowed to use their hands. It often ends up a flurry of headbutts and expert kicks.
3. Quidditch – If there is a part of you that wishes the Harry Potter franchise never came to an end, this may be the sport for you. No, you don’t actually get to fly around on a broomstick. But, it is a fun way to forget you’re kind of exercising. There is even a Quidditch World Cup held every year in April.
4. Bike Polo – Do all of your friends have bikes, but no where to ride them to? Well, grab a mallet, ball, nets, and a portion of the street, and you will have your new favorite sport. It’s just as fun as regular polo, except bikes are way cheaper than raising horses.
5. Circle Rules Football – If you’re looking for another use for that giant yoga ball, look no further. Circle Rules Football is basically a fun twist on soccer. It is played on a circular field with two teams trying to conquer the erratically bouncing ball to score in opposite sides of the same goal.
6. Tough Mudder – There are hundreds of different runs and obstacle courses that have risen to popularity in the past years. Any of them is not only great exercise, but also an awesome way to kill time doing something fun during the summer. However, I also think if you are going to try one out, why not get covered in mud in the process?
I hope you will get out there and try one of these awesome activities this summer! If you’ve tried them, or have your own activity idea, leave a comment below! And, of course, what kind of Fuse Lenses employee would I be if I didn’t remind you that all outdoors activities require UV protection at all times!?! So, while you are out kicking boredom’s butt, keep glare at bay and your eyes safe by not forgetting your sunnies equipped with Fuse’s polarized, shatterproof lenses – perfect for any summer activity.